Monday, August 20, 2012

Finally a break in the heat...

It's so nice to wake up the cooler morning air flowing through my windows. The birds and bugs were nice to listen too. It was the garbage truck I wasn't fond of... but it brings back memories too.  Living on James street I certainly heard that sound out my front windows even with the windows closed. During my summer in Manila we heard the trash call through a bull horn every morning.  So in many ways its a reminder that the stuff we no longer needed is getting picked up now - last call.  

I think I tend to feel that way about prayer, it's such an easy way to pass to God what we no longer need to hold onto - hurts, anger, bitterness, uncertainty, doubts, friend's needs. God is really the only one that can take all these things and recraft them or work with them to recycle and repurpose these things. Sometimes, we are given a part in the process and sometimes we need to hand it off to the Creator. So he can do something beautiful with it. 

We need to let him love the person or situation and let him love us. I heard a song on the radio describing love to be the compass of life, and I agree; if we choose a loving response to each of the situations we're in, we can't go wrong. (Nathan Tasker- "Love is the Compass").  This might mean tough love sometimes for us and others, but I think that's what I live following in the footsteps of Jesus should look like. 

Jesus didn't just see what was before him, he asked questions and got to know people and a situation to understand the depth of the person and their history in order to vision and dream for more for their life. He saw potential wherever he went. If I want to have the eyes of Jesus I think I need to see this week and this semester with the potential for good and love it holds.  I pray it is so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment